Wednesday, November 2, 2016

CELEBRATING YOU. Pt. 2

(Continued from Pt. 1)



Then there are the people who ‘hang with us’ through thick and thin. 

In the good times and the bad times. People who support us. People who affirm us. People who love and care for us. People who have our best interests at heart. People who would literally take a bullet for us. 

As a young counselor I took such a person under my wing and devoted a great deal of time and effort to training her to do very much the same thing I was doing. As a result, my impact was multiplied, and Sherri and I ministered together for a full decade.

My understudy proved to be one of the most naturally gifted persons in my chosen ministry whom I had ever met. And long after our paths diverged, she has continued to impact her generation; (and has made me inestimably proud).

Following is the text of a recent message my former co-counselor forwarded to me.

Thank you for all you have passed on to me.  I wasn't expecting the torrent of emotion to come forth as I began to pray for you.  I acknowledge that I am blessed to have you in my life and that you have continued to pour into my life and encourage me.  

It's amazing how few people we have in life that actually cheer us on. You celebrate me and I greatly appreciate it.  I also celebrate you and recognize your gifts and value all that you have to offer.  Sometimes we overlook the treasures that are right before us.  You are a treasure and gift to me from God.  Thank you.

It is impossible to give without also receiving; one of the basic tenants of leadership. 

I love Sherri’s characterization of ‘celebrating’ another individual’s life on the earth. To celebrate one another is a rich descriptiveness of who we are, what we have done, and how we have valued one another through the years; and a characterization to which I think I have never been exposed ‘til now.

In Hebrews 3:13 we find an admonition which reminds us of what we should be about.

“But day by day and as long as today shall last continue to encourage one another.”

I think the word, ‘celebrate’ is easily interchangeable with the third to last word in the foregoing scripture. 

Rather than demeaning, discouraging and destroying those whom God has set in our pathway we ought to, as my friend Sherri has so well said, 

…celebrate one another.


By William McDonald, PhD. From (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 45. Copyright pending

If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above
*************
 If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment