Thursday, April 28, 2016

Touching Jesus (Is All That Really Matters)



We just returned from a trip to, among other places, Robins Air Force Base and Ft. Knox, Kentucky.

Interestingly enough, we visited the air museum at Robins AFB and the Gen. George Patton Museum at Ft. Knox. I saw (and touched) my favorite, and the fastest aircraft of all time, the SR71, (the very one which set the world speed record) at the former museum, and at the latter museum I saw, and touched (something I wasn't supposed to be touching) Gen. Patton's staff car, in which he sustained his mortal injury, and the Persian Gulf War surrender ceremony table.

I can tell you it was a real treat for me to touch these well-known objects, but of course these items are inanimate, and will, ultimately, make no lasting difference in my life.

In the New Testament we read the story of a woman with a heinous malady who reached out and touched the hem of Jesus' garment, and who as a result was made whole.

While it was a thrill to touch the objects of which I previously alluded, the only lasting difference we are likely to experience during the course of this life occurs when we extend our hand to touch the One Who ultimately has the power over sickness and death, and offers us the hope of heaven.


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 23. Copyright pending

If you would like to copy, share or save, please include the credit line, above
***************
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  
 
Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the index

No comments:

Post a Comment