Thursday, April 7, 2016

Learning from the Animals



As I was browsing a social media site a moment ago I came across the most marvelous video which I posted to my page.

In the film segment a small duckling can be seen resting on a floatation device. Next to the bird is a bowl of meal. Again and again he pecks at it; filling his bill with the grimy stuff, and dropping it into the water 

… to a circular group of large, hungry goldfish.

Now obviously a human being provided the necessary props, but it never ceases to amaze me how animals of various species interact, and sometimes form a bond which lasts throughout their lives.

I think of a documentary I once watched on television. In it we are made privy to the friendship of an elephant and a dog. As I recall the unlikely duo formed their inseparable attachment on the grounds of a wildlife preserve. Once when the active little canine became ill, his friend, the elephant lingered outside the preserve office ‘til he recovered. In spite of their drastic difference in size the playmates established a mutual bond, and got along famously.

Given the horrendous strife which has plagued the human race since its inception on the earth, I think we might learn a great deal from the birds and fishes, the elephants and dogs.


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 34. Copyright pending



If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above
*****************

If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  


Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the index

No comments:

Post a Comment