Friday, April 22, 2016

My Target Conversation

The official blog of Pastor J. Martin

My Target Conversation

April 21, 2016 by pastorjmartin

My phone conversation with a manager of the Target on Cox Creek Parkway in Florence, AL
Target: Thank you for calling Target. How may I help you?
Me: I am wondering if your store is catering to the transgenders by allowing men to use the women’s restroom and vice versa?
Target: Let me transfer you to our LOD to better answer your question.
Target: This is (manager). What can I help you find today?
Me: I am wondering if your store is catering to the transgenders by allowing men to use the women’s restroom and vice versa?
Target: We have the same policy we’ve always had.
Me: Sir, I am asking a simple question. Do you allow men to use the women’s restroom?
Target: No, you are not asking a simple question. You want me to give you the answer you want to hear. I will refer you to our media relations department if you have any other questions. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: Yes. Do you allow men to use the women’s restroom?
Target: click…. Dial tone…
My conversation with Target Corporate offices:
Target: Hello. Thank you for calling Target. How may I help you?
Me: Yes, ma’am, I was just on the phone with a manger from the Target on Cox Creek Parkway in Florence, AL, and tried to get a question answered. He refused to answer the question. I was referred to your corporate offices for the answer. I was wondering if Target stores now allow men to use the women’s restrooms?
Target: In accordance with our policy, and for the safety and privacy of all our customers and employees, we allow our customers to use whichever restroom or changing room that matches the gender they identify with.
Me: Ma’am, I’m confused. Your statement doesn’t match. You contradicted yourself.
Target: How so?
Me: The first part said “for the safety and privacy.” Ma’am, I have two daughters and it is NOT safe or private for a man to use the same restroom with them in there, no matter what gender he “identifies” with.
Target: Sir, that is our policy.
Me: Ma’am, what kind of idiot thinks it’s ok for a man to be in the same restroom as little girls? I will not shop at target as long as that policy is in place. And I know A LOT of other people who feel the same way.
Target: Thank you for your feedback. Do you have any other comments or suggestions?
Me: Yes, ma’am. How can you work for a company that doesn’t care about the safety and privacy of the children it is to protect? That sounds like a stupid move to me.
Target: click… Dial tone…
Note: If I EVER see a man walk into a restroom where my daughter or wife is, it will not be a good thing. I am a husband. I am father. I am a Christian. I am a Pastor. I must protect my family. I will. No matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment