Thursday, April 14, 2016

Male and Female Created He Them



It seems social media is filled to the brim and overflowing with this transgender restroom controversy, and a biased, informal survey appears to indicate conservatives are winning the debate; at least in terms of the number of their posts and responses.

In spite of an earlier blog in which I referred to “so-called transgenders,” as a counselor I am empathetic towards people who sense they were “born in the wrong body.” I have counseled several persons over the past two decades and a  half who possessed “confused gender ID.” (My terminology). And to be fair if one of my clients made the decision to submit to gender modification surgery, I would be supportive of that individual, if not their decision. (I cannot personally identify with that type of mindset, though I am much closer to understanding it on a professional level).

And while I am empathetic towards the plight of those who “identify with” the opposite gender, I believe this controversy about transgender use of restroom facilities is purposely being overblown by the LGBT community, ACLU, CNN, and liberals in general. It seems apparent to me that as the rights of the majority are being eroded, the rights of the minority are being enhanced.  

What of the heterosexual elementary or high school male or female who “holds it” all day because they prefer to avoid using a unisex restroom? What of the 6 year old girl who is assaulted in a bathroom stall by a transgender pretender. (Rhyme not intended). What of the lone 80 year old woman who encounters a muscle-bound, wig-wearing transgender person in a public restroom? What about her natural sensibilities? What of the safety of the Caitlyn Jenner’s of the world who tread where no transgender ever tread before, and suffer physical or sexual abuse?

I’m sorry, but from my way of thinking it would be a great deal easier to walk into the restroom designed to accommodate your birth gender, do what every human being does, and walk back out 3.5 minutes later. What is so traumatic, after all, about a public activity to which he or she has submitted themselves dozens of times in the past, and which occurs inside a locked stall?

I fear the rights of the majority are being sacrificed to the perceived rights of the minority. And it has nothing at all to do with, and cannot be compared to the tumultuous times in the first two thirds of the 20th century when blacks were finally rewarded with their hard-won rights of suffrage and the use of public facilities.

As a Christian, I embrace tolerance.

If a practicing homosexual couple wish to sit down next to me in church, I will welcome them with heart and hugs. If a male dressed in the most outrageous drag trips on his shoelaces, subsequently falls on the sidewalk, and breaks his leg, I’d call 911, and remain with him ‘til the ambulance arrives, and if a transgender male or female wishes to consult with me about the possibility of gender reassignment surgery, I will provide him or her a caring and unbiased ear.

However, as a Christian I cannot tolerate the consideration of unisex restroom facilities.

The possibility of embarrassment, and even abject fear exists for the majority, and the potential for violence against the minority is significant. Beyond these considerations, and more importantly, for those among us who embrace the teaching that Old and New Testament scripture is inspired by the Creator, what are we to do with the unapologetic statement in the first book of the Bible?

“Male and Female, God created He them.” (Gen. 5:2)

Thus the implication of two genders, and the creation of such fore-ordained genders at conception.

(As far as I’m aware, God hasn’t changed his mind).

Post-script - Is it possible that an omniscient God was aware this controversy would arise at this time, and in this culture... before He made the worlds?


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 34. Copyright pending

If you would like to copy, share or save, please include the credit line, above
***************


If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  


Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the index




No comments:

Post a Comment