Sunday, April 8, 2018

THE ANIMAL CHOIR. Pt. 1

Revelation 5:13 "And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:  'Blessing and honor and glory and power  be to Him who sits on the throne,  And to the Lamb, forever and ever!'"

If we take this verse literally, it tells us that every animal that God has ever made will go to heaven to form a massive animal choir. That’s right, they are given a voice to glorify God.  This may sound too far fetched for some people to wrap their head around. This passage also says, “all that are in them.” which means even the animals that were eaten will be there. How many cows, turkeys, chickens and pigs have you sent on to rehearse with this choir?  🙂  I actually think it makes perfect sense. All creatures were made to glorify God, so why shouldn’t they glorify Him in eternity?

This scripture is especially dear to me today. My favorite horse unexpectedly died this afternoon.  Dandy was a faithful friend and I will have many cherished memories with him. There just aren’t that many friends who will carry you across mountains on their back.  We have seen the leaves change, spring arrive and many summer sunsets together.  My good friend will be missed.  I am hoping that I am right about this scripture and one day I will hear Dandy with his new voice singing in heaven’s animal choir.  I have a feeling, he will be a baritone. Farewell (but not Goodbye) faithful friend!
Bryan Cutshall
Jan. 12, 2012

(See Pt. 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment