Sunday, April 8, 2018

THE ANIMAL CHOIR. Pt. 2

(See Pt. 1)

Mark Lowry, one of Bill Gaither’s “hangers on,” and author of the lyrics to, “Mary Did You Know” is a promoter of the theory that animals will exist in heaven. In support of this perspective, he cites Psalms 36:6.



“You (meaning God) preserve men and animals, alike.”



Having lost my first little pooch, “Princess,” a full sixty years hence, and having been blessed to know and love three additional canines, “Buddy,” and “Lucy,” and my current, “Queenie,” I happen to subscribe to what I believe is the literal meaning of this scripture.



Last year I self-published a duel volume related to the second and third of my four precious pooches titled, “A Man’s Tribute to His Devoted Dogs.”



The following quotation from my book provides some flavor for the relevance and poignancy of my words to anyone who loves animals, and maintains an expectation that they will see them again one day.



“But perhaps Our Savior will smile, and beckon with His hand, as if to say, ‘Well, Bill there they are. What are you waiting for? There’s fields and flowers and trees aplenty. Go for it. Romp and run and carry on. Love those wonderful little puppies of yours for all you’re worth.’



And with this, I’ll turn, and my two most favorite creatures will be looking up at me, expectantly, eyes shining, ears twitching and tails wagging. With this, my heart will skip a few beats, and I’ll scoop them up into my arms, one in each, and they’ll rest contentedly against my shoulders.



And best of all… we’ll remember one another, and the love we knew will be undimmed, and stronger for the years we were apart.”

by William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "A Man's Tribute to His Devoted Dogs," Copyright 2017

&

William McDonald, PhD. (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary, Excerpt, Vol. 80. Copyright pending.

If you wish to share, copy or 'save,' please cite the previous attribution

No comments:

Post a Comment