Wednesday, April 18, 2018

GOD IS (NOT) GOING TO CANCEL ALL YOUR PROBLEMS


“No temptation has taken you except that which is common to man. But God is faithful, and He will not allow you to suffer above that which you are able; but will with the temptation (ultimately) make a way of escape.” 1st Cor. 10:13

Now I’ve seen it all.

But to properly explain myself, I am a fan of social media; namely Facebook. And I just “got off” the afore-mentioned site, having read one of the dumbest (so-called Christian-oriented) group posts I’ve ever seen in the two decades I’ve frequented the internet.

“God is Going to Cancel All Your Problems.”

Needless to say, someone had posted an ‘Amen’ under the post.

I mean c’mon.

At any rate, I could not help but add a personal persuasion to this ludicrous statement.

“If God was in the business of canceling all of our problems, He would not have allowed the Apostle Paul to experience so much pain, and suffering during his ministry, and He would have remedied his thorn in the flesh; (which He did not”).

I might just as well have written,

“Uh, excuse me. If God was into canceling all our problems, I guess He better apologize to Job.”

(or)

“Well then, the Lord must have been on a vacation, or in the bathroom when the man whose name is spelled like a vocation was going through the most horrific of possible experiences.”

(or)

“If this is the case, what are we gonna do with the martyrs of Hebrews Chapter 11? I don’t think you can call having your head chopped off, or dying in the jaws of a lion having your problems canceled.”

Now, I know certain television preachers, and their adherents expect us to “roll over and play dead,” and accept the so-called Prosperity Gospel at face value. Needless to say, the notion that God is going to cancel all our problems is part and parcel of the politically correct gospel to which I have just alluded.

To be sure, God may cancel all your problems. But, then again, He might not. However, we can be sure that He will give us, as believers, the wherewithal to endure whatever it is He calls us to endure, and that, one day, He will usher us safely to our heavenly home.

As one of the best and brightest of our generation, (Forrest Gump) once said,

“That’s all I got to say about that.”



By William McDonald, PhD. From (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 80. Copyright pending

If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above

No comments:

Post a Comment