Tuesday, January 23, 2018

ALWAYS ABOUNDING


Dr. Woodrow Wilson, President of the United States, gave a testimony of a momentary contact with Rev. D. L. Moody; not realizing at the time that he’d met him.

“I was in a barber’s chair, when I became aware of a personality who had just entered the room. A man came in quietly on the same errand as myself, and sat in the next chair to me. Every word that he uttered showed a personal and vital interest in the man who was cutting his hair, and his fellow patrons.

Before I got through with my haircut, I was aware I had attended a virtual evangelistic service; because of the words and actions of the personage in the chair next to me.

I lingered in the room after the great man left the premises, and noted the powerful affect his visit had upon the barbers and customers in the shop. They spoke in undertones. They did not know the customer’s name, but they knew their thoughts had been elevated.

And I felt when I left that place that I was leaving a place of worship.”

The secret of Moody’s power was that he was always abounding.

(1st Corinthians 1:58)

“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord; forasmuch as you know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.”
(Anonymous with editing by Wm. McDonald, PhD)

No comments:

Post a Comment