Thursday, November 9, 2017

MAUREEN O'HARA & A MODERN DAY ISSUE


1940's film star, Maureen O'Hara outraged Hollywood producers and directors with them calling her, "A cold piece of marble with no sex appeal" when she would not let them make love to her, says a New York correspondent.

"I am so upset with it that I feel like quitting Hollywood. I hate coming to work in the morning," Ms. O'Hara said.

(and)

"I'm a helpless victim of a Hollywood whispering campaign. Because I won't let the producer and director kiss me, and paw on me each morning, word has spread that I'm not a woman, but just a cold piece or marble statuary."

(and)

"I guess Hollywood won't consider me as anything but a hunk of marble, unless I divorce my husband, give my baby away, and my photograph is in all the newspapers. If that's Hollywood's idea of a woman, I'm ready to quite right now."

(from a newspaper of that period)

No comments:

Post a Comment