Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Will You Also Go Away?



I have alluded to this topic in the past, and may do so again.

There is a poignant scripture in the Gospels in which Jesus asks one of those poignant questions to His disciples.

“Will you also go away?”

I can think of several instances in my life in which I can all too easily identify with Jesus’ question.

In my own life I think the most relevant, but similar question is,

“Why, if you loved me, and we had established such a bond between us did you go away?”

I once wrote one of them among whom the bond was strongest, and asked a follow up question.

“Why was it necessary to close the previous chapter to write the next one?”

The questions come easily.

The answers may never be made available to us.

And we simply go on trusting God to heal the wounds and equipping us to encourage others who struggle in like manner.

By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary, Vol. 37. Copyright pending

If you would like to copy, save or share this blog, please include the credit line, above
***************
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following: Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. 

When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All of my 2015 blog titles will come up in the index.



No comments:

Post a Comment