Thursday, June 16, 2016

Adages for Life



 Following are various adages I've come across which have spoken to my life:

1.     In regard to stretching one's potential: 

"If you're not willing to be a little foolish... you're foolish."

2.     In regard to seizing the day: 

"Don't seek opportunities. Seek God. And the opportunities will seek you."

     3. In regard to living out an impactful life and the legacy we leave:

      “My students are living messages to a time that I will never see.”

      “I am planting seedlings under whose shade I never expect to sit.”

      "The unexamined life isn't worth living," (but much more relevant and
      practical,…) “The unlived life isn’t worth examining.”

4.     This one is from the movie, "The Exotic Marigold Hotel" – 

       "It's going to be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end."

5.     Here’s a great one straight from the mouth of Marilyn Monroe.

       “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you learn 
        to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they go right, and 
       sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
     


No comments:

Post a Comment