Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Little Janitor Got Promoted

You may be interested in knowing that although I was raised Methodist, I came to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ at Southeastern Bible College.

You see, just after high school in June of 1967, a fellow high school graduate invited me to accompany him to a revival being held on the campus of SEBC.

At the conclusion of the service, the speaker, the National Sunday School Superintendent of the Assemblies of God, William Kirske, invited anyone who would to respond to the message of the Gospel. As I kneeled at the altar, and bowed my head there, an old Dutch immigrant named, Jerry Treimstra, kneeled down beside me, and led me in the “sinner’s prayer.”

It so happens that a year later I transferred from a local community college, and enrolled at SEBC. During my first year on campus I worked as a part-time janitor there; in order to pay a portion of my tuition.

A full 40 years passed by, and I found myself on the same campus; once again employed at the same school, bearing the new moniker Southeastern University.

I have often smiled, and quipped,

“The Little Janitor Got Promoted.”

For you see, early in the new millennium I was given the opportunity to assume the role of adjunct professor.

During one semester there I actually taught in a portable classroom which was set immediately next to an old gymnasium that had previously served as the school chapel; that same chapel in which I initially met Jesus Christ as Savior so many years before.


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 29, Copyright pending

If you wish to copy, share or save this blog, please include the credit line, above
***********
 
If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the index

No comments:

Post a Comment