Saturday, July 8, 2017

MOTIVATION IS HIGHLY OVERRATED

I just watched a short video which validates everything I believe as a counselor and human being. In my interaction with my clients and interns, I teach a concept which speaks to this topic.

How many times have you said, or heard someone else say,

"If I could only get motivated."

My friends, I can tell you that MOTIVATION is highly overrated since motivation is little more than a feeling. If we wait to feel motivated, we may be 103. It is all about making a DECISION to do anything worth doing. Anything which needs to be done is best done on the basis of a decision..., rather than some fruitless expectation that motivation is going to come knocking at the door.


And once the decision has been made, a corresponding action or series of actions is required to accomplish whatever God has set in our heart and mind to do.Whether winning the lost, preparing one's self academically for a profession, or losing a hundred pounds, we cannot wait until we 'feel like it.'

Americans are 'eat up' with feelings, and too often they allow emotions to dictate their actions, or the lack thereof. As scripture reflects, "These things ought not to be." It is high time that we put our foot on the neck of our flawed perception of Motivation, and, rather, embrace God's persuasion of the subject.

"We serve a God who judges men according...to their actions." (1st Peter 1:17)



*Due to a design flaw on this blogsite, if you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 & 2016, you will need to do the following:

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blogs will come up in the right margin.

Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All my 2016 blogs will come up in the right margin.



No comments:

Post a Comment