Wednesday, April 26, 2017

BLUE MOON IN KENTUCKY. Pt. 2

(Cont. See Pt. 1)

And speaking of the Elvis channel, even at home I have been known to awake from an hour nap commencing at 2am, folded the footrest of my easy chair to floor level, opened the kitchen door leading to my garage, and backed my 2015 Nissan Altima into the driveway. And having done so, I have immediately punched in Channel 19 and partaken of their primary DJ, George Klein, and interviews with such ancient Elvis periferals as Scotty Moore and Sandy Martindale; not to mention the hit songs of the late great king of rock n' roll. 

And as I previously inferred, I just walked in from having done what I have done so many times before. Interesting, that as I sat in the driver's seat of my car and listened to a few of Elvis' musical renditions old George (and he IS old) spun one of the songs which graced Side B of one of the king's early recordings.

"Blue Moon in Kentucky"

Interesting, to me at least, since as I write these words I am visiting one of my daughters in Kentucky. Of course, Elvis was also known for another of my favorites. "Kentucky Rain." I admit it. While I have been a fan of Elvis for decades, it has taken me a very long time to appreciate that which has been referred to as "rockabilly" music. And to be sure, I think Elvis is the only medium by which such a metamorphosis, on my part, would have been possible.

But as I sat in the driver's seat of my 2015 Nissan Altima and listened to the strains of "Blue Moon in Kentucky" I reflected on the immediate Kentucky landscape surrounding me, and the events of the past couple of days. 

(to be continued)

By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from (Mc)Donald's Daily Diary. Vol. 53. Copyright Pending, 2017.

If you would like to share, copy or 'save', please cite the credit line, above

No comments:

Post a Comment