Friday, April 14, 2017

A DASH OF COLOR IN THE SUN


Not long ago I was in my back yard, and happened up on a tile I had placed in the spot in which my little Buddy, a beautiful white Shih Tsu, used to lounge in the sun.

Strangely enough, as I looked down a dash of color greeted my eye. 


Upon closer examination I noticed it was a tiny wild violet. Its purple color contrasted with the green sea of grass, and I thought how fitting it was that in the entire expanse of my "back 40" that this little flower had chosen this very spot to spring up.

And my first thought upon seeing this wee bit of flora was,

"How kind our Lord is to celebrate the value of that little creature I held so dear with this flowery tribute, and how precious that He allowed me to join Him in that momentary memorial to my dearly departed pooch."


By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 23. Copyright pending

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include this credit line.

***********If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015 and 2016, do the following:  

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the right margin

Click on 2016 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "Children of a Lesser God" appears, click on the title. All my 2016 blog titles will come up in the right margin

No comments:

Post a Comment