Wednesday, February 7, 2024

A PROFOUND EXPERIENCE

4215

Kris Kristofferson tells of a profound experience which occurred in his life a number of years ago...
Someone had invited him to a church service. And, as he is prone to tell people,
"I haven't attended all that many church services."
As the well known baritone recounted his experience, he said,
"I was sitting there minding my own business, when the preacher asked the congregation a question."
"Is there anyone in the audience who has never accepted Christ as their Savior?"
He continued.
"Well, anyone who knows me knows that I'm not the type to raise my hand to anything in public."
(But),
"Suddenly, I felt my hand going up of its own accord!"
(Now),
"The preacher said something that really got my attention."
"I'd like to invite anyone who raised their hand to walk up here to the front, and join me in a prayer."
The vocalist shook his head, and smiled a whimsical smile.
"Anyone who knows me knows I ain't about to make a fool of myself in public."
(But),
"Now, I found myself walking towards the front of the building!
"When I got to the front, the pastor of the church asked me if I was ready to, what did he say, if I was ready to ask Jesus into my life.
"Before I could make up my mind, he put both his hands on my shoulders, and shoved me to the floor!"
(Now),
"I found myself repeating what he called, 'The Sinner's Prayer.'"
"As the result of the experience I wrote, 'Why Me, Lord?'"
A profound experience, indeed. One that continued to impact him for years afterwards.

by Bill McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment