Thursday, February 8, 2024

TALK TO YOUR WIFE

 4217

I laid down around 2am one night earlier in the week, and proceeded to dream one of those kind of dreams one tends to remember.

Too often, when I dream, (and I expect it is true of you), I awake and know that I have been dreaming, but can't recall the content of it, much less the general topic. However, this was one of those 20-30 percent of dreams which remained with me, and which I have not forgotten.
In my dream I found myself at a Sears Auto Repair shop, (not sure they still exist today), and as I walked up to the counter to pay my bill, the mechanic who was preparing to take my credit card said,
"You! You! You're the one who is having an affair with my wife!"
You could have knocked me down with a feather pillow!
I immediately thought,
"Not only am I not having an affair with your wife, I have never had an affair with anyone's wife!"
And after I collected my wits, I proceeded to say,
"No sir! You must have mistaken me for somebody else."
The mechanic calmed down at this point, and seemed open to reason. If he responded, I don't recall exactly what he said. However, given the sensitivity of the matter, I thought I would offer him a bit of advice.
"If you have jumped to conclusions about me, perhaps your suspicion of your wife is just as faulty. I would encourage you to go home and talk to her about this."
Apparently, this is the kind of dream us counselors dream. If I find myself giving people advice in my dreams, I must be in the right business.
Bill McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment