Tuesday, February 20, 2024

GOD'S DEFINITION OF LIFE

 4224

I was watching a segment on one of the liberal television "news" networks today, and one of the anchors exclaimed,

"I was astounded when I heard what the Alabama Supreme Court dictated this past week. It seems that persons who work for cryogenic corporations, and destroy human embryos can be prosecuted since, according to the court, these embryos are human beings."

Well, as you can see, the first three words in the above paragraph immediately expresses the biased, premeditated opinion of the newscaster, (and her television network).

As a Christian counselor, I have been exposed to clients who have miscarried, and many others who have had abortions. And, of course, whereas the first of the two scenarios is the involuntary termination of pregnancy, and the second is the willful termination of pregnancy, the common denominator is that women on both sides of this situation have lost a child. And I have never counseled women in either situation who have not shed tears when speaking about their experience.

And to be sure, when speaking or writing about women who have voluntarily terminated their pregnancies, I never fail to say that I am in no condition to sit in the seat of judgement. There is one God, and I'm not Him. 

However, scripture is very clear about the existence of life at conception. In Jeremiah 1:5, we read,

"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. And before you were conceived, I sanctified you."

(and)

"Before I ever took my first breath, you planned every day of my life." (Psalm 139:12)

Whereas, I usually look for an appropriate or interesting way in which to finish a blog, in this case I can only challenge the faulty assumptions of those who willfully ignore scripture's definition of life.

by Bill McDonald, PhD



No comments:

Post a Comment