Sunday, December 1, 2019

C.M. WARD & THE LOWLY MISSIONARY


Back about 1968, when I attended Southeastern Bible College, (now Southeastern University) and where I served on the faculty 40 years later, C.M. Ward visited the campus. I recall him speaking to our New Testament class.
Tonight in church, a full 50 plus years later, my pastor and I were talking. He spoke of meeting C.M. Ward the year after he spoke in my college classroom. It seems that my pastor was a missionary to one of the Caribbean islands at the time, and Rev. Ward, and he met at another missionary's house there, and watched Neil Armstrong walk on the moon that evening. Bro. Kern and C.M. Ward got along very well, and the former said of the latter,
"This famous Assemblies of God evangelist was SO humble, and he treated me like we had known one another for years, though I was just a lowly young Church of God missionary. I will always remember his kindness to me."
I think we can learn a great deal from those who have gone on before us, and I believe the foregoing story is a great example to those of us who have been given the opportunity to serve as role models to the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment