Friday, April 19, 2024

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED TO ME ON THE WAY TO THE JOHN

 4260

One evening, after it had gotten pretty dark, I ran down the back steps of our old Cracker house towards our "Johnny." But before I had proceeded even 12 feet from the steps. I was hit in the back of my head by something that knocked me to the ground where I lay addled for a few moments, dazed and in a semiconscious state. While lying there, I cautiously opened one eye, and spotted the two largest mosquitos standing over me you have ever seen, and they were having a mild argument about me.

One of them was saying, "Do you want to eat him here, or tote him back to the nest?" I distinctly heard the reply of the second mosquito who said, "Let's eat him right here, because if we get back to the nest with him, one of the big boys will take him away from us!!!"
by Malcolm McDonald, my cousin

No comments:

Post a Comment