Saturday, December 23, 2023

CALLING IT A DAY

 4180

I enjoy listening to Elvis Radio in my car.
Yesterday, as I was driving, they played a short audio segment of Elvis. He had been asked a question by a disk jockey about Rock 'n Roll music.
"Elvis, do you feel like Rock 'n Roll will be popular for a very long time?"
To which "The King" responded,
"Well, Sir, I like to think it will. I certainly hope that it will. It's what I know and love. If I knew the future, I could plan for it better. But, if the public decides they want something else, I'd be glad to try it out, and give them something else. But, if I failed at that, why, I suppose I would just 'call it a day.'"
And, I thought, "Odd, that Elvis 'left the building' just short of half a century ago, but he was, is, and for all I know will always be the most famous entertainer of all time."
(and)
"Strange, that Elvis spoke about the possibility that his music might pre-date his passing, but Elvis' passing pre-dated his music."
(and)
"Elvis is as fresh and popular as he ever was, and his music still captivates young and old, alike, though the King of Rock 'n Roll rests forever beneath a headstone at Graceland."
I hope Elvis never "calls it a day."

by Bill McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment