Sunday, December 13, 2020

PLENTY OF TIME FOR SLEEPING

 Back before my dad went on to glory, I used to walk into his home and he would be sitting in his easy chair dozing. When I would walk in he would open one eye, smile, and drift off again. And without fail I would say, "Wake up, Daddy! They'll be plenty of time for sleeping!" And with that he would rouse himself slightly, smile again and drift back to sleep. There is a phrase which speaks volumes because it is just so true. "I am my daddy." At this stage in my life I find myself doing much the same thing as my father. I will be watching a television program, and almost unbeknownst to me I will fall into a mild slumber. And somewhere between wakefulness and slumber, I can almost hear my daddy's voice, "Wake up, Son! They'll be plenty of time for sleeping!"

by William McDonald, PhD. Copyright pending

No comments:

Post a Comment