Tuesday, December 1, 2020

RISING IN THE RAPTURE

Recently I forwarded a copy of my New Testament paraphrase to a religious publisher in hopes that he might preview it, and consider publishing it.

However, after he did a preliminary preview of the first few books of the New Testament, he responded with,

“It is obvious that you have a Premillennial view of the Rapture of the Church. I do not subscribe to this belief, but, rather, the Postmillennial view of the Rapture. I wish you well, but we cannot publish your volume.”

Well, I was not all that disappointed since I have submitted my volume to, and been turned down by several other publishers, and I know that God’s timing is supernal.

However, speaking of the Rapture, (the very subject a friend and I were speaking about last night) I have sometimes dreamed about it.

Each and every time I dream that dream the rapture is in the process of occurring, and I find myself attempting to participate in it. However, as much as I want to go, I find myself jumping a couple of feet in the air, and dropping back down to the ground. This scenario occurs several times in the dream, and I never manage to join the Lord and my believing brothers and sisters in the air.

I am thankful that my wherewithal to join the Lord and my fellow believers in the Rapture of the Church doesn’t depend on my futile efforts, but rather on the shed blood of Jesus Christ on my behalf. I am grateful that neither a fleeting dream, nor a momentary anxiety, nor a random thought have any power to add or detract from my salvation, nor to separate me from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus, and the plans He dreamed for me before He spoke the worlds and stars into place.

 “For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature has the power to separate me from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)

by William McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment