Tuesday, June 12, 2018

MAMA & DADDY & THE HEAVENLY TRACTOR TRAILER TRIP


This past weekend I dreamed a dream.
In the dream, my dearly departed mother drove up into a mall parking lot in which I happened to be standing. Well, she didn’t just merely drive up in anything. As she pulled up beside me, she was sitting behind the wheel of a full-sized tractor trailer rig.

With this, I found myself looking into her beaming face, as she stared down from her driver’s perch in the cab, and exclaimed,

“I’m going to pick up your daddy in a few minutes. We’re going to be visiting five different locations. Our first stop is the CIA Headquarters in Langley, Virginia.”

Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather

Not only had my mother (nor my father) ever driven a tractor trailer during the course of their respective 85 years on earth, but they exhibited little or no intent or desire to visit our nation’s CIA Headquarters; (nor would they have been permitted to do so).

(I could only imagine the other four locations which my mother had on her agenda).

However, I came away from this dream with a couple of perspectives.

My parents had safely arrived in the promised land

(and)

Heavenly tractor trailer rigs really do exist

(and)

They have every intention of enjoying the travel opportunities which heaven so sumptuously affords them
by William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from McDonald's Daily Diary. Vol. 82. Copyright pending

No comments:

Post a Comment