Thursday, August 3, 2017

A MAN'S TRIBUTE TO HIS DEVOTED DOGS. ADDENDUM

The following quotation from “My Little Buddy” (one of two books which comprise my volume) provides some flavor for the relevance and poignancy of the volumes to anyone who loves animals, and their expectation that they will see them again one day.

“But perhaps Our Savior will smile, and beckon with His hand, as if to say, ‘Well, Bill there they are. What are you waiting for? There’s fields and flowers and trees aplenty. Go for it. Romp and run and carry on. Love those wonderful animals of yours for all they’re worth.’


And with this, I’ll turn and my four most favorite creatures will be looking up at me expectantly; eyes shining, ears twitching and tails wagging. With this, my heart will skip a few beats, and I’ll scoop them up into my arms, and they’ll rest contentedly on my shoulders. And best of all… we’ll remember one another, and the love we knew will be undimmed and stronger for the years we were apart.”

"A Man's Tribute to His Devoted Dogs" by William McDonald, PhD. Copyright 2017.

If you wish to share, copy or save, please include the credit line, above

No comments:

Post a Comment