Tuesday, August 29, 2017

DROPPING "THE F WORD" ON LIVE TV

    Now I've seen it all. I can lay down and die in peace.
    A CNN reporter was just doing a live interview with a mother in the Houston area, and her four or five year old daughter was standing next to her.

    It was obvious the woman was voluntarily submitting to the interview, as she had begun answering questions about her family's 5 day ordeal without basic necessities, and how that she walked through waist deep water to find food for her children.

    And then, suddenly, the woman exclaims,

    "Why are you sticking that microphone in my f_ _ _ _ _ _ face? And why do you pick the worst time possible to try to interview people who have been through what we have been through? There you go again. Get that microphone out of my face!"

    You can imagine I have never heard 'the F word' on network television before, (and it's obvious that CNN didn't have a time delay on their programming, or they could have prevented the broadcast of the word).

    But it's not so much the use of that word, but the strange behavior of what began as a compliant participant in the interview, only to lash out and lamblast the reporter as the interview progressed. (I thought I was about to see a one sided boxing match).

    Different strokes. Different folks, as they say. (But as a counselor I expect that young lady needs a serious medical evaluation).

No comments:

Post a Comment