Sunday, June 28, 2015

Because I'm a Wh_ _ _


I was shopping in the local Walmart tonight, and I saw an old client.


“Prissy” originally came to me when she and “Jack” attended my church, and the former of the two had been involved in multiple affairs, (as many as 20) over the course of several years.

During one session I sat with Prissy and asked her to read Proverbs 7 with me. This chapter refers to a wayward woman who “entertains” strangers when her husband isn’t at home.

When we finished reading the chapter I asked Prissy, “Do you understand the topic of this chapter?”
 
To which she answered, “Yes. Yes, I do.”
 
I asked a follow up question,
 
“And what do we call a woman in our day and time who entertains men who aren’t her husband?”
 
To which Prissy responded,
 
“A Wh_ _ _.”
 
And then I popped the question of the century, (or at least the decade)...

“And why do you think I chose this scripture for us to read aloud tonight?”

Without so much as a pause, or bit of pink about her cheeks, Prissy replied,


... “Because I’m a Wh_ _ _.”

 
(She said it. I didn’t)!
 

Obviously, I was attempting to get her attention, and lend her a little insight about her transgressions. Well, I think the average client, (or random person on the street for that matter) would have stomped out of the room as soon as she laid eyes on the chapter I had chosen, (much less agreeing with me about the moral classification she fell into). But not Prissy. Mais non! (as they say in France.)

At this point I concluded the counseling session, and to my surprise as Prissy stood, and proceeded to step through the door, she turned, and said,

 
“Perhaps I can come back sometime,
 
... and we can read more of God’s Word together.”
 
(By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary" Vol. 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment