Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A Wonderful Beginning to Your Day

A couple of decades ago, or more, my wife and I began listening to a wonderful half-hour radio program which aired around midnight. A bass soloist and trombonist, Mr. Bill Pearce, was at the helm on a nightly basis. The radio program featured sound Christian teaching, practical guidance, the wisdom of notables in their fields, homespun humor and music, music, music.

Since the time we first heard the broadcast, we got too busy, the program was discontinued on our local station, or fill in the blank.

In the past year I have re-discovered the program which is now available on the internet. While literally thousands of those Night Sounds programs have been archived, and the rich voice of Mr. Pearce continues to go out on the airwaves, sadly, he passed away half a decade ago.

I think Bill would be thrilled, however, that though he has walked out the doors of his radio studio for the last time, his  program continues to reach the masses, and more importantly, continues to make a difference in the lives of individuals; men and women, boys and girls, young and old. I know he has made a profound difference in my own life.

And whereas the broadcast was allotted a daily slot on the radio dial, we are privileged now to be able to listen at any time of day or night; via the internet.

You can find this broadcast at: nightsoundsradio.org

Check it out. I believe you'll be glad you did.

(By William McDonald, PhD. Excerpt from "Concepts, Teachings, Practicalities & Stories")

4 comments:

  1. Through the years I have also heard Bill Pearce, but not on a regular basis. I've always appreciated his programs. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that show and didn't know it was on the internet! Thanks Bill--I had actually forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that show and didn't know it was on the internet! Thanks Bill--I had actually forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I could make you aware that the program is on the internet. I listen to it about 2am every morning before I go biking

    ReplyDelete