Wednesday, January 27, 2021

OPEN DOORS

Lately I have been thinking about a two word phrase.

Open Doors

And as I write this, it occurs to me that this two word phrase is present tense, (as if the portal is all ready and waiting to walk through)

As a believer I often pray, “Lord, help me to fulfill whatever remains of my destiny, and give me open doors to walk through.”

I refer to the existence of open doors as “Momentary Ministry.” These are those unforeseen, momentary opportunities we are provided to say or do something to bless another human being. Of course, we are prone to think of such present tense opportunities as circumstantial in nature. However, the omniscient God of the universe knew eons in advance that we would be afforded what to Him was the future tense wherewithal to make a difference in another life.

Speaking of open doors, those ad lib, unexpected, unforeseen opportunities to “exercise Jesus” by our words or actions in another life are my favorite form of witnessing.

Then again, an open door can also refer to the next stage in a believer’s life for some type of formal or informal ministry. I am convinced that God has a series of open doors planned for anyone interested in fulfilling His plan for their lives.

After all, our Lord promised us that,

“Our times are in His hands” (Psalms 31:15)

(and)

“The Lord will accomplish that which concerns me” (Psalm 138:8)

(and)

“In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths” (Prov. 3:6)

(and)

“I know the plans I have for you. Plans for good, and not for evil to give you a future and a hope.” (Jere. 29:11)

 

Father God, Lord of the universe, give us the wherewithal to realize when an open door has been placed in our pathway. And give us the courage to boldly walk through it knowing that you have provided us this singular opportunity to glorify your name, and make a difference in the lives you have set before us.

by William McDonald, PhD. Copyright pending

No comments:

Post a Comment