Sunday, November 5, 2023

FEEDING THE "WHY'S"

 4150

I have been struggling with why a particular thing occurred in my life, and which involved a relationship, for almost ten years. And I think little, or nothing is much worse than a lack of understanding, especially when it comes to relationships, and most especially when a ready answer for the "why" is not available, (and is very likely to never be available).

And suffice it to say I am being vague about the personal circumstance to which I am referring on purpose. You see, it's really none of your darned business!

Suffice it to say that every Sam and Sue and Jack and Jill have their own example, (or multiple examples thereof); and this is what's really important.

But to continue my pondering about this subject...

Recently, something happened to bring me face to face with my "Why," a Why that has been festering beneath the surface, a variable of which I have always been very much aware, but which has, in effect, "gone in hibernation" for a spell.

As a personal aside, it may be helpful to you to know that I am "taken up" with adages. Somehow, they "speak" to me like few other things do, and they have offered me the opportunity to rise above my negative circumstances.

And today, today an adage came to me; not unlike the smell of perfume on the wind. 

"IT TAKES TOO MUCH EMOTIONAL ENERGY TO FEED YOUR 'WHY'S'."

Indeed, it does. 

I, for one, intend to quit feeding my personal "why."

by Bill McDonald, PhD



No comments:

Post a Comment