Friday, June 16, 2023

HE'S GOT MAMA DOING IT

4074

I heard a story on the Elvis radio channel today which made me laugh.

A 70 something year old Elvis fan told the story of the time she and her sister planned to watch "the King of Rock 'n Roll" on "The Ed Sullivan Show."
Before the "really big shoe (show)" began, her dad told her,
"I don't like that guy. Too much shaking and grinding. I'm telling you Jenny, if you girls begin screaming, and girating, I'm going to turn the TV off!"
Well, in short order Ed Sullivan introduced Elvis, and he began to sing, "You Ain't Nothing But a Hound Dog." Of course, he was moving his hips, and two stepping as only Elvis could.
The girls were trying their best to be quiet so their dad wouldn't turn off the TV. However, Elvis had hardly sung two lines when... Mama began to scream, wave her hands and dance!
Daddy shook his head and walked out of the living room.

Bill McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment