Sunday, April 2, 2023

COOPERATING WITH GOD

4037

My former co-counselor and friend, Sherri Nicely, once purchased some border paper for our office ceiling which depicted Michaelangelo's God & Adam painting. You know the painting; God and Adam lying on their sides, and touching fingertips. (To be sure, this particular border paper was altered to assure Adam's modesty). But as I would sit in my counseling chair, day after day, and looked at the numerous duplicate depictions of the painting, I could not help but be reminded of our part and God's part in the scheme of our lives, and I titled the painting, "Cooperating with God."

Adam and God touching fingertips. We work together on the destiny He planned for us before He made the worlds. In the same way I have often noticed that there are literally thousands of verses of scripture which mention man and God in the same sentence. I have referred to this trend in the same way - Cooperating with God. This is our ultimate calling.

Bill McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment