Saturday, April 1, 2023

THE BEST JOB EVER

4036

During the course of my long life I have worked in 40-50 different job environments, (yeah, I have), the vast majority of which occurred between the ages of 15 and 30. (When I reached 30, I decided to grow up).

But upon much reflection I have decided to apply for what has to be the best job in the world, (drum roll)...
naming medications
I kid you not. What could be any better than that? I mean, some guy or gal, or multiple thereof, sit behind a computer screen or at a conference table and conjure up the most ridiculous brand names for new medications.
A few "for instances" are Skyrizi, and Rinvoq and Metformin. I mean, have you ever?
I'm thinking that the folks who sit around with their feet kicked back on their desks, "smokin and jokin" and stringing ludicrous syllables together know they have it made, and realize the next best thing to their severely inflated paycheck on Friday is the amazing opportunity to clock in again on Monday.
And, you can imagine, I don't want to come across as arrogant, but I'm simply a natural for the position of naming new medications. Those syllables roll off my tongue like "nobody's business."
Jincusi. Micsona. Cambeza. Ronbosi. Limholsa. Ranbica. Heclosa
I can't wait to put in my application. I'm definitely a "shoe in" for the job.
APRIL FOOL'S (but it does sound like a great job)

by William McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment