Friday, November 15, 2019

RUNNING THE RACE


Back in the 80's when I was a member of HHB, 2nd Bn, 116th FA, Florida Army National Guard, I was running the 2 mile annual run, and as one of the heavier troops I was hard pressed to make my required time of just over 19 minutes. 
About halfway through the run, a lighter, faster guy slowed down and began to pace me. He encouraged me that I could do it, and ran with me a few hundred yards before resuming his sprint. I will always remember that day, and that kind, empathetic soldier who sacrificed his potential outcome to assure I would successfully complete the race. 
My experience that day seems so reminiscent of Hebrews Chapter 12 - "Seeing how we are compassed with such aa great cloud of witnesses let us run with patience the race that is set before us; looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith."

by William McDonald, PhD. Copyright pending

No comments:

Post a Comment