Monday, November 18, 2019

FINDING OUR "SHOULD BE"

Our daughter, Kristy, is currently in Nepal, having just spent some time in England in a certification course related to the regrettable presence of Human Trafficking in our world. As a social worker, she will be assisting a native worker in Nepal with case planning, and documentation related to the victims of Human Trafficking. She will return home in December. Kristy wrote the following blog in the past couple of days.
"As I was getting caught up on my journal, I wanted to share an experience that happened when I arrived to Brussels at the train station. After I got out of the train, there was a very simple waiting room that was very cold. My immediate thought was to sit in this one area and wait an hour and a half on my next train. After about thirty minutes of this, I decided to walk around. I then found the populated area of the train terminal that had heat, shops and people. I felt as though this is similar to life. We often just sit where we end and are fearful of getting up and exploring. Often times, when we leave the last final destination, we find that there is a whole other area that is more comfortable and filled with blessings. It also turned out that had I waited at my last destination; I would have missed my connecting train since it was in a whole other area of the station. Never miss out!!!"
I responded in the following manner.
"Very true. On a similar note I have sometimes told my clients that we will never really know who we are, nor what we are capable of, 'til we discover where we should be; that "should be" which was envisioned by God...before He flung the worlds into space."

No comments:

Post a Comment