Sunday, August 26, 2018

LIVING IN HANOI

As I was watching a documentary about John McCain tonight, I heard one of the coolest quotations any man has ever uttered. After he and his family had moved to Arizona and he was running for office there, his opponents referred to him as a "Carpet Bagger," since he had moved around a lot, and never was in one place for very long; partly the result of his military career. At any rate, when a particular opponent began to criticize him in a public meeting using the same implication about him having never been anywhere very long, and having just moved to Arizona, he responded. "Well, I'm sorry. The longest I've lived anywhere in my life is in Hanoi." (Referring to his imprisonment as an American P.O.W.) This shut his opponent up very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment