Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Praying for a Dead Man



My wife and I were awaiting the arrival of our grandson at the Seventh Day Adventist Hospital in Sebring when I retrieved a cell phone message from a former client.

“Dr. Bill, my Uncle Don isn’t doing well. He’s in Winter Haven Hospital. Would you please remember him in prayer?”

Well, of course I immediately began praying for Judy’s uncle, and during the course of the next couple of days I prayed for him every time he came to mind. In the meantime, our daughter experienced a long and contracted labor, but ultimately, as has been common since mankind’s advent upon the earth, her dear little son was born.

After Jean and I arrived home I dialed my friend’s number.

“Hello, this is Judy.”

To which I responded,

“Hi Judy. This is Dr. Bill. We’ve been out of town a couple of days. But I want you to know I got your message, and I’ve been praying for your Uncle Don.”

Judy seemed confused, and several seconds elapsed before she answered.

“Uh, Dr. Bill I don’t know how to tell you this, but my uncle is dead.”

Now it was my turn to be confused.

She continued.

“Uhmmm, I vaguely remember leaving you a message about my uncle

… a year ago.”

Judy’s message had been floating around in ‘the cloud’ for a full year, and I had only now been become aware of its existence.

As a result, I had been praying for a dead man!

(Apparently his name wasn’t Lazarus).


 By William McDonald, PhD.  Excerpt from "(Mc)Donald's Daily Diary," Vol. 36. Copyright pending

If you would like to copy, share or save, please include the credit line, above
***************



If you would like to see the titles and access hundreds of my blogs from 2015, do the following:  
 

Click on 2015 in the index to the right of this blog. When my December 31st blog, "The Shot Must Choose You" appears, click on the title. All my 2015 blog titles will come up in the index

No comments:

Post a Comment