Wednesday, December 28, 2022

WHO CHANGED WHO

 I was watching, actually re-watching a segment of the 1985 version of "Anne of Green Gables" last night.

In this particular segment, the "Rachel" character speaks to her friend, "Marilla" about the orphan girl, Anne, that the latter and her brother adopted years before.
"It's to your credit, Marilla, that you changed her so much."
To which Marilla responds,
"Oh, I don't know, Rachel. I don't think she has changed that much... It's us who have changed!"
Of course, the implication is that Anne's presence in their lives has exercised a significant impact upon them.
Nothing speaks louder, at least to me, than a visual such as the scene that I have described. I want to role model a life like this, a life of loving, and acting, and caring for others, and in so doing, perhaps with them hardly realizing it, cause enduring changes in their lives.
Bill McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment