Sunday, May 12, 2019

PAUL. APOSTLE & FRIEND


I recently completed paraphrasing the entire New Testament. However, long before I completed that tedious, but personally rewarding effort, I paraphrased the Book of Philippians. And by the time I finished writing, it was as though I had been given the opportunity to walk into that Roman prison, and sit down next to the man, and experience the darkness of the place, and the chains and the awfulness which he endured.

And yet if anyone ever came close to dying to self, other than the Savior, I think Paul did. In this epistle he was all about his concern for others, and he could not quit talking about the joy which filled him up, and gushed forth like a stream to envelope everyone around him; whether they meant him well or ill.

What a marvelous man Paul was. I will always think of him as my friend.
by William McDonald, PhD. Copyright pending

No comments:

Post a Comment