Saturday, February 2, 2019

A PRAYER SOAKED TIE

When I was a sophomore in college, I was challenged to purchase a tie and hang it in my room to remind me to pray for my future husband. For 7 years, it hung on my bed or my dresser mirror and more times than I can count it led me to pray God would encourage, grow, and spiritually develop my someday husband into the man of God I desired. I always meant to give it to my husband as a momento on our wedding day. The night before our wedding, I was with my girls and went to wrap it and we realized it was navy blue, grey, and pink. Our 3 wedding colors! (And it wasn't on purpose, I was originally thinking mint or yellow as the accent color.) I had such a special moment with the Lord; He knew even before I bought that tie 7 years ago that Caleb was the man I was praying for and He orchestrated it in His perfect timing! I didn't tell Caleb to wear it, I just gave it to him like I always meant to. And as I'm walking down the aisle towards him, one of the things I will always remember is seeing Caleb and seeing he is wearing my prayer-soaked tie.

(Author Unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment