Monday, May 22, 2023

KISSIN COUSINS

 4066

Jean and I met in the 4th grade, dated after high school, we both married other people at the age of 20, both of us (unbeknownst to the other) divorced after 11 years, met again that summer, married that fall, and have been married 43 years. (And that ain't all...)

We are both ancestry type fanatics, and just a few years ago, we discovered we were cousins three different ways, distant cousins to be sure. As a result, my father was her father's cousin, her mother was my mother's cousin, my children and her children are cousins, my wife and I are both step-parents and cousins to each other's children, and step-grandparents and cousins to each other's grandchildren, our brothers and sisters are our spouse's cousins, our brothers and sisters in law's are the other's cousins, and our nephews and nieces are the other spouse's cousins as well.
Can we say "Kissin Cousins"?

Bill McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment