Monday, June 13, 2022

SO THIS IS COVID

 3917

Hello I'm Dr. Bill McDonald. I tested positive for Covid. So this is Covid. Hmmm. My symptoms have ranged from the Mount Saint Helens eruption to the vicinity of Armageddon. Well, I've taken some poetic license. I admit I'm exaggerating a bit. My cough, fever and sore throat have fallen about a third of the way between a common cold and bronchial pneumonia. To be sure closer to the former than the latter of the two choices.

I looked out the window yesterday and noticed my grass looked more like wheat that needed to be harvested than a typical front yard. And in spite of this virus, I told my wife I was going to mow. I figured the only creatures great and small I was going to expose was a few grasshoppers and a random squirrel. My wife told me I shouldn't do it, but my latest government stimulus didn't include a coupon for a once per year Covid grass mowing service.

And I've done something that the experts don't advise or condone. I have continued to walk an hour a day before the sun lights the horizon. I mean that's my devotional time and besides I need to keep this 5 foot 8 inch  220 pound frame intact. I wouldn't want to lose those glorious abs or see my finely chiseled legs turn to mush.

But seriously I for one am glad I took the shots, though some believe the science isn't proven. Disagree if you wish but I credit the inoculations and God for keeping me out of the hospital. Well, I gotta go. Let me get past this nasty little bug and I'll do my best to continue adding a bit of flavor to your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment