Wednesday, February 17, 2021

LIVING A LIFE OF SIGNIFICANCE

I saw a little video segment the other day in which people expressed their concerns about the entirety and finality of their lives, and when asked what about death he feared most, one man responded,

"The thing I fear most is living a life of insignificance."

However, there is nothing insignificant about someone who consistently brings a bit of joy into others' lives, and offers words of encouragement when others need it most.

As believers we need not go to our grave without the existence of significance in our lives. I’m convinced that God never meant any of His children to die without impacting those whom He sets in their pathway, and I’m equally convinced that Father, Son and Holy Spirit dreamed a singular plan for each of us…before He made the worlds.

I believe that our Lord is so concerned that we fulfill our mission here that He is not only willing, but quite capable of revealing His will to each of us, and I think there are two primary variables by which He reveals Himself to us.

The interests and abilities He instills within us, and the opportunities (or open doors) that He makes available to us during the course of our lifetime.

God grant that I use the talents and abilities wherewith He has blessed me, and walk through the doors which swing open before me.

by William McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment