Friday, July 24, 2020

SCAMS and SCAMMERS

I have been contacted by several folks in Africa over the years, those guys who sit in internet cafes and pretend to be people who they are not, and tell you stuff like "Hi, my name is Josie Makooma. My father was a wealthy businessman. He just died and my seven brothers won't share the inheritance with me. My share is over $250,000. A famous psychic told me yesterday that someone with the last name 'McDonald' would be willing to help me. That is the reason I am reaching out to you. If you would be willing to send me $5,000 for my legal defense, I would be happy to give you 1/2 of my very significant inheritance when I win this battle in the South African court system." I merely responded, "Thank you, I wasn't born yesterday, and I never respond favorably to scams on a Thursday. Please go bother someone who was born yesterday. As I previously mentioned, I wasn't. And, oh, my condolences on the passing of your fictional father."

by William McDonald, PhD. Copyright pending


No comments:

Post a Comment