Monday, April 20, 2020

COMPELLED


“For when I preach the Gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the Gospel!” (1st Cor. 9:16)



Following is a response to a former counseling client who has texted me with a recurrent ‘thank you’ for all I have done to impact her life. (And to be sure, I never tire of it, and am appreciative of her words).



“I often tell people I don't deserve any credit at all for having impacted lives because it hasn't been a choice I have made. I am constrained by the love of God to impact lives. I simply have no choice. I MUST do it. All glory to the One who has loved us and gave Himself for us.”



Whether ‘constrained’ or voluntary, I am glad that the Gospel is being preached, and that souls are being impacted for God. May our Lord help me, and all believers to fulfill what remains of our destinies.

No comments:

Post a Comment