Saturday, February 15, 2020

FIELD OF DREAMS

I was just watching the movie, “Field of Dreams,” and near the end of the film the main character asks what amounts to his ghost father, “Is there a heaven?” To which the father responds, “Oh yes, there is a heaven! It’s where dreams are made!” So poignant. I have so often shared with my interns, “You know, you’re young. And you are looking into a proverbial sunrise. I have lived out most of my allotted days, and I’m looking into a deepening sunset. But you know, in the time remaining to me I intend to be about my destiny, and fulfill whatever plans God still has in mind for me to complete.” So like the words of our brother, Paul, “I follow after the mark of my high calling in Christ Jesus.”
But I have so often thought of what still lies ahead for you and me, and all of those who have experienced the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. And I am thankful that our Lord assures us that He has created a place for us, and that ultimately we will have the privilege of joining Him in that place where all tears have been dried, where ceaseless days stretch out before us in eternal succession, and where His glory bids all darkness flee away . And, as a result, another scripture so easily comes to mind. “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, nor has entered into the heart of man, the things that God has prepared for those who love Him."
by William McDonald, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment