Saturday, February 1, 2020

HELLO AGAIN


I have previously written about what might be referred to as some “strange and wonderful” experiences which occurred after the passing of my dear little Shih Tzu, Buddy; almost fifteen years ago.

 A few days after my precious pet pooch went on to her reward, I was lying in bed, and I suddenly felt something materialize, as it were, and lay against my shoulder. And within seconds, this something began respiring. Shortly thereafter, this same something changed positions, and lay against my feet on a pillow; where Buddy resided every night of her tenure with me. Days later, as I was walking in my neighborhood one night, I saw it, or perhaps more properly, her. For as I walked past the yard adjacent to my house, what seemed to be a little white pooch crossed my pathway, and disappeared into my neighbor’s yard.

These experiences helped me to cope with the loss of my dear little Buddy. But with the passing of years, I surmised that I would never sense, nor see her again ‘til I arrived “on the other side.” I was to be (gladly) mistaken.

For you see, a couple of nights ago, I had settled down in my easy chair, (where I often sleep), and was suddenly awoken by the sound of shaking in the room next to me, my office; as a dog shakes itself when it wakes up, or sheds water. And I knew. I just knew that my Buddy was back. And at that moment, I happened to look at the digital clock on the table before me. It was 3:16am.

As I reflected on this experience the next day, it occurred to me. The chapter and verse for the best known of all scriptures, and one which is all about Grace.

The unexpected visitation of my Buddy this week was also all about grace, and a reminder that she hasn't forgotten me, and that she is eagerly awaiting my arrival.

by William McDonald, PhD. Copyright pending

If you would like to copy, share or save, please include the credit line, above

No comments:

Post a Comment