Friday, August 9, 2019

THAT ALMOST SACRED PLACE


Forty years later, I have a counseling office a couple doors away from the old children's church room. 
From time to time I walk the 8 or 10 steps which separate me from that almost sacred place; where I was privileged to impact dozens of precious lives. I peer through the glass window in the door, and I can almost visualize that mustard yellow, wooden puppet stage, and a pair of hands (mine) covered by sock puppets. I hear the exchange of their silly little 'made up' voices, and I look into the excited, expectant eyes of those dear children; as they squeal, and soak it all in. How blessed I am to have impacted those solitary little lives who have gone on to take their rightful place in today's society, and to make a difference in their own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment