Saturday, September 29, 2018

MY LITTLE BUDDY AT THE DOOR


 My little pooch had recently passed away, and it had been her tendency to greet me at the door in the evening. Buddy, (her name was Buddy) was on my mind as I pulled into the driveway that night, and I thought, "My little girl won't be there to greet me anymore, and I'm the poorer for it."

And that thought had barely crossed my mind, and as I was getting out of the car, I looked towards the south, and in the night sky a flaming meteorite came sailing through the heavens in an arc that was positioned above my dear little pooch's gravesite in my backyard. This small event was so encouraging to me that God affirmed my loneliness for Buddy, and that He held her in the hollow of His loving hands.

 It was poignant to realize that our Lord was aware, before He made the worlds, that I would be reflecting on my Buddy at just that moment in time, and that He had set that little chunk of meteor on a path which would transect my little bit of sky for such a time as this.
by William McDonald, PhD. Copyright pending

No comments:

Post a Comment